About the Research Online (RO)
University of St. Thomas Research Online (RO) is a service of the St. Thomas Libraries. The repository is dedicated to preserving and providing open access to and discovery of the scholarly and creative works of the university. Library staff will work with university departments, research centers, and individual faculty to select, submit, and manage content.
Members of the St. Thomas community are invited to contribute their completed work for long-term preservation and worldwide electronic accessibility.
Archiving content in RO is free and allowed by many publishers.
The type of content housed in RO includes but is not limited to:
- working papers
- conference papers and proceedings
- journal publications (pre- and post-print, and published versions where allowed)
- book chapters
- theses and dissertations
Content archived in RO is:
- more discoverable by search engines such as Google Scholar.
- hosted on a secure server and given a persistent URL to ensure permanent access.
- openly accessible to researchers around the world who may have limited access to scholarly materials.
For More Information
To learn more about contributing to RO see the policies page or contact the .