Chemistry Faculty Publications
Here are some research highlights regarding the faculty:
- Faculty have over $758,000 in current research funding between UST and their collaborators.
- Faculty collaborate with other universities and corporations such as ExxonMobil, Bayer, Vision-Ease Lens, and Medtronic.
- Faculty have authored 16 publications in two years, including 15 undergraduate co-authors.
- Faculty and students have given 30 presentations at conferences in the last 12 months.
- The Department seminars have hosted over 50 faculty from 30 institutions in 14 states in the last 5 years.
- The distinguished lectureship series drew nearly 1,000 student, faculty, and alumni attendees in 2 years.
- The X-ray fluorimeter has been used for training by representatives from the Midwest Art Conservation Center, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, the American Museum of Asmat Art, and the UST Geology Department.
- The Department suite of TA instruments once served as a demonstration site for the company and is now used by local companies such as BioAmber and Applied Colloids.
- Several local corporations submit samples for analysis on our JEOL 400 MHz NMR.